Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Uganda & Ethiopia Missions Trip 2010

Welcome to my blog. This is my first attempt at anything like this, so I hope you find it interesting. My hope with this blog is to keep you informed about the missions experience I am about to embark upon. On July 18th I am going with a group organized by Visiting Orphans to Uganda and Ethiopia. Visiting Orphans is a Christian non-profit organization that seeks to help orphans in their distress. I was invited to go on this trip because of the connections I made through my brother and his families amazing adventure. They felt the calling of God to adopt a little girl to add their clan. Through their faithfulness I am now an uncle for the fourth time. I am blessed that they listened to God's call.

Jo, my adopted niece, and me in Branson

I also know several other families, at church, who have adopted multiple children. Those families have also been blessed with kids from China and Ethiopia, and with special needs. I think over the last several years God has been telling to more closely look at the plight of the orphans. There are 147 million orphans in this world. That is a disgustingly large number, but no so large that if the body of Christ took on the challenge we could make a huge dent in that figure. My reason for going on this trip is first and foremost to do my best to show the love of Christ and let them see they are truly God's children. I am excited to see what God has planned to teach me.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see this Vit! Good luck on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Can't wait to meet you and start this amazing adventure... It will be life changing!

    ReplyDelete