Friday, July 30, 2010

A Hope House

Today will be a short post. Tonight I have the opportunity to spend the night at the dump with Project 61. Only six of us are allowed to go on this sleep over. We will spend the night in their facility. The kids will join us and it will be like a slumber party. I did not realize that this ministry is so new. It has only been in existence for the last 5 months. What a neat opportunity it is to minister to these kids.

Today we went to the A Hope House. This is another HIV orphanage. This is where I left a large donation of medical supplies. Thanks again to St. Joseph Hospital in Denver. Your gift was greatly appreciated. While here we split into two groups. The A Hope House has two different buildings. One for the younger kids and another for the older kids. I went with the group to the older kids. We had fun just spending time with them. We played H-O-R-S-E, finger painted, made bracelets, played games and other fun activities. The kids are just precious. One boy led me around the facility. He was so proud to show me his room and his bed. They just craved our time and attention. It was so sad when they asked when we are coming back and we had to tell them we are not coming back because we leave for home tomorrow.

After leaving there we went to the Piaza for some shopping. Surprisingly a guy I met yesterday in a different part of town show up there. When we were finished there we drove through the Mercado.

This is the largest open air market in all of Africa. It was very large and busy. It was interesting but there was really no reason to get out. The market was primarily for commerce, there really was nothing for us to do there but take in the madness. From there we went to the post office. This is not a post office, it is another shopping district. I picked up the last of my gifts and souvenirs.

Well this will probably be the last chance I have to make a posting before we start the journey home. I will finish up blogging about the trip from home home.

No comments:

Post a Comment