Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Team, Flight & Arrival

I am part of a larger team with whom I can going to share this experience. Other than a couple team conference calls prior to departure many on our team have never met. The team composed of people that literally come from all corners of the entire United States. We are a diverse group ranging in age from high school to retired. We all gathered in Washington DC for our flight to Africa. Meeting for the first time was a flurry of introductions. I have a hard time remembering names so my goal is to get to know everyone on this trip before it ends. One thing that immediately unites us is our faith in God. He is calling each of us individually to be on this adventure together. I am currently writing this entry on the plane flying from Rome to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (at the moment we are flying over the southwest corner of Egypt). We will be on this plane for 14 by the time we arrive in Ethiopia. We will be there for a couple hours before we board another plane to our final destination Entebbe, Uganda. We will arrive there approximately 1 am Tuesday morning and then catch up on some sleep.

well we made it safely to Entebbe. Of our 60 plus bags only about half of them arrived with us. I finally got to my room at about 4 am on Tuesday. I slept until 10. The following evening all of our remaining bags arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment