Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Toy's for God's kids

For those who doubt God has this all figured out ahead of time. Yesterday I had a providential encounter with another wonderful ministry. I received an email from a lady in the small group I attend asking if I've ever heard of Toys for God's Kids. Their mission is to provide handmade, sturdy, attractive, wooden toys free to God's children everywhere. In God's perfect timing he decided to have an article published this last weekend in the Denver Post. Sure enough this article ultimately made its way to me. I contacted the ministry and informed them about my upcoming trip to Uganda and Ethiopia. I arranged to meet at their workshop. I was able to learn a little about why they do this. They have made over 289,000 toys to give away. So in a matter of less than 12 hours I had 445 toy cars.

Watch NBC Nightly News Making a Difference segment: 1 2 3


I was so excited I could hardly contain myself! To see their excitement in knowing where these toys are going was a blessing in itself. Now that blessing will be carried and delivered to those who probably have never even owned a toy. I must add the cars are absolutely amazing. This is a huge shout to everyone who is involved with Toys for God's Kids. Thank you so much for what you do! If you would like to like make a huge impact on a child by a small action on your part I hope you consider giving to this cause.

And here I was starting to worry if I'm going to have enough items to fill my bags. Oops...my bad.

1 comment:

  1. That is great. I cannot wait to see pictures!!! I am sure you will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete