Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bye Bye Muzungu!

Well today was our final day in Uganda. We were scheduled to do Sunday School and the church service. Our flights changed slightly so we had to leave earlier than originally planned. But we were able to teach the Sunday School Classes. I along with two other ladies taught the Jr. High boys and girls. We talked about the fruits of the spirit. They all already knew about the fruits. I hope were are able to further their view of what the that only health trees produce fruits. We had a brief goodbye and it was a difficult one. When you live in an orphanage for four days you start to know the kids personally. There were lots of tears as we left. As we left the compound we could see the village children chasing the bus and in their sweet little voice we would hear the yelling, "Bye Bye
Muzungu!".

The drive from Jinja to Entebbe was not the most comfortable for me. My seat was atilt. But we all made it safely to the airport several hours early. We had a few problems checking in. But nothing out of the normal for what you can expect when traveling in this part of the world. We all arrived safely in Addis Ababa and everyone's luggage also arrived.

I have to admit I was anticipating the Ethiopia part of the trip much more than Uganda part simply because that is were my niece is from. God so far exceed anything I could have expected in Uganda! I can't imagine it getting much better. But I should know never to underestimate what God has in store to teach me. I think this half of the trip will be quite different that the Uganda portion. There we were in a much more rural surrounding and here we are more in an urban setting. We are settled into our guest house here and will be staying in the same place while we are here. Tomorrow the second half of our adventure begins.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with your blog...What an amazing trip, filled with God-sightings! Thank you for allowing yourself to be used by God to touch the lives of His precious children, and thank you for taking the time to share your journey with all of us. I can't wait to see your pictures, although I think I'll need to schedule a couple of days off to look at +1100 of them :) You are a special man of God, Vittee...God bless, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for your posts from ET. Can you believe it is only two years since we went to get Jo?

    ReplyDelete