Saturday, June 23, 2012

2012 Jouney - Moscow to Beijing


Currently I am in Prague resting for a couple days before my adventure begins. This year's trip is something completely different than in previous years. Tomorrow evening the experience begins. I am taking a train from Moscow, Russia to Beijing, China via Ulan Batar, Mongolia. I will be travelling with my parents for the two week journey. This is the portion of the trip I am looking forward to most, since I only get to see them about once a year. We've travelled together several times in the past. We've been together to India, Spain & Portugal, Egypt, and now this. The train portion will consist of three legs. First we will take the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Irkutsk, then we will take the Trans-Mongolian Railway to through Ulan Batar into China, and finally the Orient Express into Beijing. On Monday we arrive in Moscow and spend the day there. Then we board the train for the 4 journey to Novo Sibirsk. I've already determined that there is no internet access available on the train. So my updates will be sporadic. Towards the end of next week you should see burst of about 5 days of entries covering the first leg of the trip. So until then you can wait in anticipation of my updates. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip. We cannot wait to see pictures of trees!!!!

    ReplyDelete