Friday, July 22, 2011

It's all a matter of perspective.

I just got back from a week of summer camp, at Snow Mountain Ranch near Winter Park Colorado, with an amazing group of students.  It was tiring, but absolutely worth the loss of sleep.  Once again I am truly amazed by how God works through people and in peoples lives.  The students openness and passion is awesome.

One of my personal little learning moments happened very early in the week.  I had five middle school boys in my cabin.  All amazing young men.  It didn't take long before our room was an absolute mess.  I'm not making excuses but I remember camp at that age and it is to be expected.  By morning the wet bathroom floor was covered in dirty undies.  Initially I just shook my head and was put off by how messy they were.  But after a little bit of thought I've determined this is not necessarily all bad.  If you change your perspective you can conclude that firstly, they are showering and secondly, they are changing there underwear.  In my book that is a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment