Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Worlds Apart

I still think about my experience in Africa quite frequently. After coming back I had a brief week at work and then I was off for a week of summer camp with the youth from our church. We went to Wyoming and had an absolutely amazing time. God wanted me to take notice of Him. It was not so much a revelation but gentle reminder about how big He is. Central Africa and central Wyoming are worlds apart in just about every way. To see that within a week of each other made the contrasts even more vivid. How beautiful it is to be reminded that He is the same God who moves there who moves here. He is wholly concerned the well being of His children whether they are orphans in central Africa or our youth kids relaxing in central Wyoming. He knows each of us intimately though we may be worlds apart. To top it all off, we were able see the Milky Way Galaxy on a moonless night in its full splendor. Then to realize that the same God who created those worlds cares more about each of us, than we can ever imaging, is absolutely awe inspiring. I think I need these little reminders so that I never under value God's greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment